Our aim is to support all pupils at various stages of progression and transition throughout their time at Highworth Warneford School. Various events are held as well as collapsed timetable days and lessons during Key Stage 3 and 4. The Careers Library is available to give pupils the chance to ask questions and research their careers options.
Every year on the last Thursday in September the Careers Department holds a Careers Convention open to all Year 9, 10 and 11 pupils between 6.30pm and 8.30pm in the evening.
Many local businesses, training providers and educational establishments, both Further and Higher attend this event. Examples of institutions and companies which have previously been represented include:
BMW, Honda, The Army, Swindon College, New College, Cirencester College, St Clare’s Oxford, Patheon, Beard, Sainsburys, Academy of Music and Sound, Swindon Marriott Hotel, Great Western Hospital, Thameswood Veterinary Clinic, Wiltshire Police, Hanley’s Estate Agents and many more.
- Careers Day run by Bath University
- Careers Enterprise Day run by Bright Futures
- Enterprise Day on decision making regarding GCSE option choices run by Live- N- Learn.
- Work experience week.
- College experience days.
- PSHE Lessons on the world of work including – CV writing, interviews, local labour markets and unbiased information.
- St Clare’s International School taster day for pupils that may want to study the International Baccalaureate.
- PSHE lessons on post-16 options including how to choose your next step, what options are available etc.
- PSHE lessons on the world of work including – stereotyping, equality in the workplace and rights and responsibilities at work.
- Lunchtime information session – local college ambassadors available to answer questions and offer advice.
- University information presentation.
- Mock Interview Day.
Mr Wakeley and Mrs Martin are both responsible for Careers Education, Financial Capability education, Work Experience, Work-related Learning including tracking alternative education provision, Enterprise and Extended Work Related learning.